Thursday 12 November 2009

First post

Despite being off on holiday from work this week, I've found myself getting up earlier than I would have had it been a normal work week - all in the name of photography. For wildlife this is the best time to catch a lot of animals. For landscapes, it's part of the 'golden hour', where the light is just right.

 
IMG_0951
 
IMG_0924
 
IMG_1082
 

Today I decided on the former option as the forecast was for 'sunny' weather and so decided to visit one of the local hides there is in the area, which I hadn't been to for some time, in the hope of photographing the often elusive Kingfisher. When I arrived it was dull, damp and grey - not good photography weather, but soon after I settled, the Kingfisher appeared on the pond the hide overlooked. Unfortunately, it was spending most of its time out of sight around the edges, despite there being a couple of conveniently positioned poles directly in front of the hide, for it to fish from, so I could get a good photo.

 
IMG_1020
 

After three hours patiently waiting and photographing the other, not so shy wildlife, I got a lucky break in both the weather and the Kingfishers posing, when the sun came out and it stopped for a few minutes, just where I needed it, and managed to take a few half decent pictures.

 
IMG_0967
 
IMG_1069
 
IMG_1045
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment