Tuesday 6 November 2012

Back to Basics

SMP_6119A quick venture out on a cold Autumn day helped produce a bit of success to my lagging photographic ‘loss of mojo’ that I’ve been suffering from over recent months.  Sometimes it’s best just to get back to some basics just to have some kind of success. 

Recent hopes of the subjects I’d hoped to see and photograph haven’t come to fruition which has dented my confidence and motivation, on this occasion I decided to have no expectation and just enjoy the sights and sound and capture whatever strayed in front of my lens even if not what I’d hoped for.

Three hours in the morning enabled me to see ‘run of the mill’ subjects with at least one image I was particularly happy to get – the Moorhen – because it was a bit unusual perched on a stick and the sun was just at the right direction to give the colourful background.  The second image of the Moorhen was taken later when the sun went in and shows the difference that can make to the colour and the three dimensional impact of the image.

This time of year and over the coming months is a good time to take pictures of many animals, especially small song birds as they can be seen more easily without foliage and are more tolerant of human presence due to there being less food around.

I think a few more ‘basic’ outings is what is required for the rest of this year, which will hopefully get me back on track.

 
SMP_6121
 
SMP_6166
 
SMP_6267
 
SMP_6193
 
SMP_6206
 
SMP_6210
 
SMP_6229
 
SMP_6275
 
SMP_6287
 
SMP_6308
 
SMP_6326

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Uncle Frank. How do you do it? Wills

    ReplyDelete