Friday 15 March 2013

Some Kites in Flight…and a Cormorant

I’ve been busy trying to improve on the look of my blog as I’ve been unhappy with the image size restrictions this particular template has, preferring to have larger viewed images than it allows.  No luck so far, so I may have to scrap this current look and start again.  Just to keep things ticking over in the mean time, I’ve got these images, though they don’t look very impressive so small, particularly the first Kite image and two Cormorant images which, despite the latter being an otherwise ‘boring, plain’ looking bird, with its feather detail actually looks quite impressive on the full size image.  I will be uploading these images to my website so they can be viewed in their full glory.

I didn’t realise when photographing the first Kite image, just how intently it was looking straight at me!  I have to admit, I do have a soft spot for birds of prey, but I particularly like just watching the local Red Kites.  There’s something special about just seeing them gliding effortlessly overhead occasionally making that piercing high pitched cry.  Although at this time of year they will be dispersing around the region from their wintering roosting, I hope to get out soon and get some more images of them.

I’m surprised that nobody in the North East has come up with the same kind of idea as Gigrin Farm in Wales and have a feeding station set up.  If anybody knows why, I would be curious to find out.

Red Kite
 
Red Kite
 
Red Kite
 
Red Kites
 
Red Kite
 
IMG_9290
 
IMG_9256

0 comments:

Post a Comment