Sunday 30 March 2014

The Iconic Robin

Famed for it’s appearance on Christmas cards and for its pluckiness, the European Robin has to be my favourite song bird.  Whenever I’m out taking photographs of birds I can almost guarantee it will show up.  How often have I been out for the day, took out something to eat and out of nowhere a Robin will flutter in, looking for any scraps.  As a child helping out in my parents garden, digging or weeding, one of these would be quickly be in and around your feet, poking around the overturned earth looking for worms or various insects that had been exposed.  In winter when other birds are far more cautious, a Robin can be fed right out of your hand.   They definitely have a character of their own and seem to interact and look at you in a way other birds don’t.  Probably my most photographed bird simply through its regular appearance and willing to ‘pose’ for me.  These are a few from recent weeks.

Robin
Robin
Robin
Robin

0 comments:

Post a Comment