Monday 11 May 2015

Messing with Seascapes

It’s been a quiet year so far for photography.  Already it’s May and we’ve barely had two weeks of decent weather – and that fell during the week days and not at the week end!

I’ve been out only twice in the last month both times I wanted to experiment with taking seascapes and on the first occasion, as the forecast was for cloudy, misty weather, I thought it would make for some atmospheric images.  Up on location at the crack of dawn – blue skies and barely any clouds never mind any mist.  Not what I was hoping for but I thought I may as well made the most of it.

One thing I wanted to work on was to bracket my images – one over exposed, one under and one ‘correctly’ exposed.  I wanted to experiment with merging these images to create an image with more dynamic range without, hopefully, looking like HDR which I think looks awful for most landscapes.  Not sure how successful I was.  With the third image I also tried to give it a ‘film’ look with a more muted colours.  Other variations included long exposures and black and white conversion.

IMG_3710
IMG_3738
IMG_3758
IMG_3815
IMG_4218-2
IMG_4249-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment